Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Things to Come

So I obviously failed to get a post up last week, but I'll claim the excuse that Michael was on spring break so we were off our normal schedule. Onward and forward.

So Michael's been in school since last August to get an Associate's in Instrumentation. Since he already has a Bachelor's degree he will hopefully be able to finish the program by summer's end. Instrumentation is a great field to be in, good pay and no shortage of job opportunities. As a result, we really have no idea where we'll be in six months or so. While it's most likely that we will stay in the Houston area or somewhere else in Texas for at least his first job, we're open to moving anywhere in the U.S. or overseas. For some people, that prospect would be unsettling and scary. Me? I absolutely can't wait to see what God has for us over the next few years.

I've said this in the past, but I enjoy change. I get bored pretty fast and look forward to the next big thing. My opinion would probably change if we had kids, but I think I wouldn't mind moving somewhere new every few years. Regardless of where we end up, we are resolved to move from our current address sometime in the summer. So even if we move just 30 minutes away from where we are now, it will probably sate my craving for change for awhile.

The hard thing in all this is I know I should be content wherever I am, and it's a constant struggle for me to take advantage of the opportunities God gives in the moment instead of looking to the future and idolizing change and excitement. I know there will probably come a day when we are more stationary and I will have to be content with that.

I don't know where I'm going with all this except to say I'm excited to see what God has for us but am trying not to get too far ahead of myself. I don't want to be the fool who forgets that life is a short mist and everything can change in an instant. Pray for me and pray for direction for us.

Life is a grand adventure.

No comments: